Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Is it? Would someone making some sort of software to do it even be possible or is there some sort of hardware missing.
Video capture is always one missing thing from the iPhone I have really wondered about.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Is it? Would someone making some sort of software to do it even be possible or is there some sort of hardware missing.
Video capture is always one missing thing from the iPhone I have really wondered about.

I would say yes because pretty much video captures on most cellphone is just software capturing the camera's pre-snap footage and making video out of it. Like ya know when you're positioning your camera-phone to take a picture and everything is moving before you actually hit the trigger button? I'm pretty sure someone can create something fancy to capture all of that. Not sure what the quality would be though... Yeap!

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
They have gotten the iPhone to video chat, so Im going to assume that video capture is possible. I dont really know why someone hasnt developed this yet though, maybe there is something else to it :confused:

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Technically, they did get video chat on the iPhone, but the "video" part was like 1 frame per second or more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.