Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Since Apple Discontinued the 256gb Unlocked model of the iPhone SE, The only places that I've seen is Amazon Renewed Premium and Walmart Here's the links to both, who should I buy it from, Money isn't an issue but safety is. Thank you!

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I would go with Walmart, only because it's a physical location, in case you need to return it. Instead of sending it back through the mail, hoping they receive it and refund you.
Yeah thats the thing there too, Its shipping only for this iPhone

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
I would spend a little more and buy it brand new from Walmart. Personally, I wouldn’t risk buying a “renewed” phone from some unknown Amazon seller.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I would spend a little more and buy it brand new from Walmart. Personally, I wouldn’t risk buying a “renewed” phone from some unknown Amazon seller.
Yeah That seems like the smarter decision

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
Another thought. Have you looked at the Apple refurbished store? You can buy a 256gb XS for $679 there. The XS is still a tremendous phone.

Reactions: BigBen2493

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Another thought. Have you looked at the Apple refurbished store? You can buy a 256gb XS for $679 there. The XS is still a tremendous phone.
Yeah I have a 256gb XS already I use it as a music player mostly but it bothers me with PWM so I'm trying to move on from OLED Screens all together, My XR is my main phone, and love it, the LCD is much more pleasing to look at but I basically wanted a smaller device that was more updated than an ipod touch would be. Sorry if that sounds confusing

1CaesaR1

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2020
Avoid "Amazon renewed". Earlier this year I tried to purchase a Series 5 SS Apple watch renewed. First one came with iCloud lock. Second came with 84% battery health. There was nothing "renewed" about it. Pretty much used thrown in a white box with aftermarket chargers, block and bands.

Reactions: BigBen2493

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Avoid "Amazon renewed". Earlier this year I tried to purchase a Series 5 SS Apple watch renewed. First one came with iCloud lock. Second came with 84% battery health. There was nothing "renewed" about it. Pretty much used thrown in a white box with aftermarket chargers, block and bands.
Was it Amazon renewed or renewed premium?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.