Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
I think mine 23 ACD may be damage because the foam was crush, but I read on Apple Forum and a fews user who own the ACD have this problem too.

When you push your screen in gently at the top left or right corner inward repeatedly, does it move inward a couple of centimeter? I can see it move in forward and follow by a clicking sound. Like it kinda loose. You may want to try all four corner too. I'm thinking how the ACD are built that no screw hold it together some are a little bit loose? Mine is kinda loose so the backlight bleed is very severe. Maybe this is the reason for the backlight bleed depend on how tight it was put together? I would consider this a defect. Does other people ACD screen experiment this?

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I haven't, nor will I ever, push on my ACD screen. I bet you could google for an ACD dissection and see how they're put together.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Push as in push gently on your screen. That shouldn't do any harm to it. You will be surprised that it may move in. Some are tighter then other so it's alway good to know. The reason I find out is because I have a stuck pixel on the top left corner, so I wipe it with a free lint cloth and notice it.

It's a big problem if your screen is a little loose. Because bug may crawl inside it, like this guy. Then it will be too late. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utlcFodAl74

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
They're certainly not all like that--I have a 20" (relatively early one), and I've noticed no motion at all when I clean the thing, which involves pushing on it.

I assume, incidentally, that you mean a couple of milimeters--if it actually moves a couple of centimeters, it'd practically be hitting the back of the case, and I guarantee there's something seriously wrong with the way it got put together, and you need yourself some warranty service.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
They're certainly not all like that--I have a 20" (relatively early one), and I've noticed no motion at all when I clean the thing, which involves pushing on it.

I assume, incidentally, that you mean a couple of milimeters--if it actually moves a couple of centimeters, it'd practically be hitting the back of the case, and I guarantee there's something seriously wrong with the way it got put together, and you need yourself some warranty service.

You're right, it a couple milemeters. Not a lot but I can still felt it. Oh well, I already call Apple Care and ask them to take it back and they gladly did. Probably be the last ACD I will ever own. It come right out of the box like this, so I guess that's why they didn't have a problem taken it back. I have been not so lucky with em.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.