Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elo

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2003
What the hell is this? Some of us depend on this site not to waste our time.

elo

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Re: Is there a mirror for the original pictures?

Originally posted by brianwells
The pictures have been pulled and replaced with some other sort of pictures. Rather unprofessional on Griffin's part - they should have simply pulled the pictures. :(

Thanks! :)

Not unprofessional considering how much traffic Macrumors gets. This is common practice when a site admin is actively monitoring their servers and sees one site kicking the crap out of not a web page but a specific picture/file/etc.
Macrumors should be asking for permission to link to these images or more appropriately link to the main site.
Usually this behavior is reserved for sites that actually link pictures not just links to pictures but its all the same in the end. I would suggest that a site admin was a tad bit overzealous with the flipping of the code. Probably didn't even look into where the picture was being linked to. In any case you are using another site's pictures\bandwidth to promote you own site. Not as bandwidth intensive but still in the gray area of unprofessional\professional IMHO.

drbyers

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2003
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!

this message brought to you by squirrel nutz. eat some of deez...

moo.

TomSmithMacEd

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2003
Fargo, ND
When I clicked on the pictures it just showed a squirrel, and like a baby with pasta on him. Then when I went to the website you guys told me to. It just took me to griffens homepage.

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
C'mon now. Somebody has to have taken a screenshot. Especially after they duped us the first time by the sound of this thread,

I was totally not prepared for those pictures. Especially the Helllo Ladies "nature shot"

The kid in the pasta's a cute photo. I think I'll save it and use it in an iCard sometime.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Looks good but it should have been built-in to the camera from the start. I also hope that the brightness can be easilly adjusted.

adamberti

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2003
I guess my cache isnt expiring, but it looks the same as it used to be to me. Anyways, here's a pic.

Attachments

• prod_sightlight_main.jpg
    prod_sightlight_main.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,546

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Originally posted by adamberti
I guess my cache isnt expiring, but it looks the same as it used to be to me. Anyways, here's a pic.

The perspective is wrong, that's why it looks photoshopped. I don't know if a light like that is a good idea; you're going to have to look right at it; it will cause horrible red-eye - on both sides of the lens ;)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Re: Is there a mirror for the original pictures?

Originally posted by SiliconAddict

.... more appropriately link to the main site.

These images where not linked off of the main site.

arn

Sublime

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2002
LBC
White LEDs

That thing if real is likely a corona of white LEDs. It would be low power. I heard they are putting white LEDs in flashlights that last like 40 hours or more with regular batteries... see ya's on irc latah.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I'd be interested to find out more about the technology involved in this product. If white LEDs are used, that might be alright, but otherwise, that light would result in severe red eye, I'm thinking - both from a photo perspective and a literal perspective! It would be hard on the eyes to stare right into that thing, wouldn't it? Oh well, however it works, I'm sure the Engineers thought of everything.

I guess we'll just have to keep posted to see when more details are released on the technical aspects of it, and when the release date is. Oh, and the price - that's always important too. :cool:

poultryfarm

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2003
... If white LEDs are used, that might be alright, but otherwise, that light would result in severe red eye, I'm thinking - both from a photo perspective and a literal perspective!...

i don't see how this would cause red-eye ('photo perspective') as it is not a flash, but rather a 'hot-light'-always on.

anyway, don't have an isight, but i think this is a brilliant product idea. go griffin, hope it's true.

Marc the Mac

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2002
United Kingdom
I think the idea is great. The light does not have to be really bright like a photo flash. Most of the time we sit with some light coming from behind us, so our isight images may appear a little dark. So for those of us that want our friends to see how big our nose really is - a little light thrown on the front of our face from the iSight would just enhance things a little.

IMHO

evolu

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2002
LA la land...
notice the cable running off the light itself (not for the camera)

this thing needs juice!

Great idea tho - and the soft white light will be quite flattering!

Also - the light will be too close for red-eye - most likely you'll see a reflection of the light itself - an old movie trick i learned in film school.

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
How much light would it have ?
Doesn't look like much.

I use my iSight every day and see no great use for this thing, if you sit in a well light room or just have some good lamps near by. But if it indeed is coming and if it works well, I might buy it.

But I'm getting this stand for the iSight.
http://www.macmice.com/sightflex.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.