Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
http://iskin.com/

picture1vr5.png
picture2ak7.png

http://iskin.com/

dy111

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
definitely looks cool...
although the three colours aren't of my liking.
and I really don't want to be spending any more money!!
haha:rolleyes:

ndriver182

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I've got one for my 80g video ipod and really like it. If this case is anything like it I'm definitely getting one.

I wonder though if you're supposed to use it with our without the clear cover. I'm guessing it's just a protective cover for when you're putting the phone in your pocket or bag with a bunch of other junk to protect the screen.

Private Sector

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
go iskin. i don't think any of the other ones available now have anything to cover the screen at all. you can get the separate crystal film strips, but that just ain't the same.

jwa276

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It might be nice if it could allow docking while cased (which I highly doubt because adding even a millimeter of thickness can screw up certain docks)

Other than that, it just looks a little bit too busy for how clean and smooth the iPhone is. The added curvature on the nice simple front of the phone is gone and replaced by some snapping/removable piece of plastic to protect the screen. It would annoy the crap outta me to have to remove a plastic screen cover every time I used my phone. I would feel like some 13 year old with a play-toy... To me I guess it's a nice design, just not for the iPhone....

Call me a purist... but that is just my opinion :p

chiefillini

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL.
I on the other hand will be getting this. I need to be able to throw this thing in my briefcase with a lot of other crap on trips and not worry about the screen. The screen attachment is the main reason I would like to have this one.

aimfire

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Sunnyvale, CA
Yeah, the flip up "visor" is a good idea... perfect, because you can still see the screen without having to worry about it getting damaged.

Not too crazy about the colors though, lol... but will prob get one anyways. ;)

taberrr

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2007
NY
Youch, these look pretty nasty to me. I have yet to find a nice minimalist case unfortunately. :( Right now I have a jam jacket, but i don't like the headphone winder thingy on the back. Oh well, guess I'll have to keep lookin.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I like the concept of the visor, but I can so see myself losing it since you have to take it off and clip it to the back. I just know I'd forget it or something. :eek:

That said? I'm liking the idea of the included privacy tint thingie. :p

Picture 5.png

SpaceJello

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
I like the concept of the visor, but I can so see myself losing it since you have to take it off and clip it to the back. I just know I'd forget it or something. :eek:

That said? I'm liking the idea of the included privacy tint thingie. :p

View attachment 78609

If you played with an iPhone and moved it around, its kinda hard to see the screen already if u aren't on the right angle.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I really like the anti-bacterial grips. Although I don't see the need for a case, this would be one I might get. iSkin seems to make a lot of really nice stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.