Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanray

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2005
Are they necessary?

I've had my iBook for 2 years or so, in all kinds of grimy conditions (my backpack next to lunch, etc.), and my keyboard still works. Sure, there's some filth under the keys, but I imagine a good vacuum could fix that. Just curious...

dscan99

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2004
Nashville, TN
I bought one for my iBook and LOVE it!!! It's made a HUGE HUGE difference to the keyboard cleanliness. Fits like a glove and love the fact that it cushions most of the typing noise too. I tend to type hard! ;)

ldburroughs

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Jdm_rsx said:
i bought one on ebay

and i love it

it perfectly fits my powerbook

and my keyboard has been covered since day i bought the PB...

Yes. I bought mine on eBay for about $14 and it works perfectly. I'm actually amazed at how well it stays down and fits so perfectly. I often forget it's there. It is also super quiet compared to standard typing.

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Have had one on my 17" pb for about four months and it works great, adds better keyboard feel, and every few weeks I run it under the tap, soap it down with a sponge, then rinse.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I got one as a "demo" at MacWorld Boston last year. I figured they'd want it back, but they never came back to the booth I was volunteering at (the MUG booth, come to the BMAC meeting if you're at MWB!!! :D ). I only use it when I take my PB to Boston for BMAC meetings, just in case someone else spills something. It feels very different from a PowerBook keyboard, and it doesn't like to let my fingers slide across the keys lightly. Hard to beat free though :)

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
iSkin & ScreensavRz

anotherjeff said:
I tried the iskin and the marware screen protector (a piece of neoprene you lay on the kb when it's closed) but when I closed my PB it felt too tight, like there was too much pressure on the latch.

I didn't like the iskin on my 12"pb because there was some overlap off of the keyboard, and it felt funny. It's too bad because tons of crap likes to fall onto my keyboard.

If you want to use the iskin and a screen protector I recommend the screensavrz from radtech because it's pretty thin.

I just purchased Radtech's ScreensavRz for my 12" and 15" Al PBs. It seems iSkin and ScreensavRz combo works well even when you use them at the same time while the PB is closed. I felt the combo of iSkin and ScreensavRz will fit snugly when PB is closed. I just thought I would share this finding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.