Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thearod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I currently have a 2G Iphone w/ incase slider and after having a lot of different cases it is my favorite.

Well now that I am about to update to the 3G S I need a new case. I have been reading the forums and its seems a lot of you like the iSkin solo. I've seen a lot of people here who seem to like the iSkin solo better than the silder.

I read a review at ilounge that said the solo cases have a "slight tack" to them. I had a case that was very difficult to get in and out of my pocket due to tack and I do not want to experience that again. So can you tell me does this slight tack cause troubles getting the phone in and out of your pocket? Please advise :p

Thanks!

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
the solo isn't too sticky, much better than regular silicon cases.

but if you liked the incase slider and don't have any other special needs, so go for it again.

kailess

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
I'm one of the lucky ones eligible for a 3GS upgrade and want to buy a case in advance. Can you put an iSkin Solo on top of a BSE?

Also, I'm looking at the LUSH (green) Solo FX case on top of a black iPhone. Are the iSkin cases see thru? Is the color very vibrant over a black phone?

patnshan

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
I'm one of the lucky ones eligible for a 3GS upgrade and want to buy a case in advance. Can you put an iSkin Solo on top of a BSE?

I sure hope so as that is exactly what I plan to do with mine when it arrives.

Pat

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Also, I'm looking at the LUSH (green) Solo FX case on top of a black iPhone. Are the iSkin cases see thru? Is the color very vibrant over a black phone?

The cases are translucent to a degree but don't expect the black of the rear of the phone to change the appearance of the green to a great extent. I have the red Solo FX and the black of my phone just deepens the red by a small amount.

Edit: It does fit according to this post (referring to the BSE)

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/7033633/

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
I think I'm going to go for this one too. Purple or blue, haven't decided (yes, I'm a girl). Anyone know if promotional codes exist?

kailess

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for the response, Peterg2. I actually like the brightness of the colors and was hoping that putting it on a black phone didn't dull it down too much. On the iSkin website it looks like the case is on a white model. I suspect iSkin is pumping up the colors a bit on their website.

Anyone have any pics of their Solo FX case on a black phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.