Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
It's finally been announced the iSkin touch...

Seems fairly basic nothing ground breaking... Although you can now turn your touch into a Zune with the Brown case! Now that is exciting...

img_itouchover.jpg

Brown-Zune-Large.jpg

Kinda wish they had a pure black one, or dark grey and black.. something... just not brown.

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Umm...
Its kind of the same design as the iPhone one, just probably going to buy the Belkin Clear, this design, just.... doesn't appeal to me.

and theres a brown one?

tennez

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
I dont really like....
and that springboard need nes, blackjack, maps, notes, etc etc...:apple:

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I dont really like....
and that springboard need nes, blackjack, maps, notes, etc etc...:apple:

Yeah, that's funny. It's so weird to see the iPod touch with only a few icons like that. I've gotten pretty used to my hacked iPod by now. I would hate to not have Mail, Weather, Sketches, Notes and Chat.... I use those so much!

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
Oh iSkin, why hast thou forsaken us? The iPhone revo is awesome and the new iSkins for the classic and nano both look sweet. These look like something you could pick up on ebay for 4 bucks. Sad, sad, sad. The touch gets forgotten and dissed again.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Personally I find the case to be very appealing. I wonder if the touch can be docked with the skin on. The one thing that iskin always did wrong was that you had to pull up the skin through the click wheel hole on the ipods to use your dock. Lajo Xskin did it right by having the mold cut the bottom so you could easily pull the bottom up and then dock leaving the skin mostly in place.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
wow!! thoose are very nice!! but who would want a zune package ??

BTW 1000 post !!!!!

ohio state fan

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
wow i think these actually look very nice. Are they available at any local stores such as best buy, or do you have to order them online?

cujoca

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2006
so what do you guys think is the best colour? I just ordered a black one because I think it looks classy and keeps its original look without looking too flashy.

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
so what do you guys think is the best colour? I just ordered a black one because I think it looks classy and keeps its original look without looking too flashy.

cujoca, can you tell me when they (iSkin) say they will ship the case? I want to get one but I don't want to wait for 2 weeks for them to arrive.

cujoca

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2006
they told me 5-7 business days even though i paid for the 2-5 business days shipping.

ug.mac

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2004
Vancouver, B.C
teflon:
iSkin is a Canadian company, when I bought my iSkin for my keyboard it was shipped from ON, so just shipping won't took long. I'm waiting for my iSkin too (ordered on 21st), hopefully it will be here in this week.

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
Looks pretty good, I think... I personally think most of the cases for media players are ugly, the leather ones with a flap even more so, but that one looks nice.

Also the 1st gen zunes did come in black... i had one. :rolleyes:

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
teflon:
iSkin is a Canadian company, when I bought my iSkin for my keyboard it was shipped from ON, so just shipping won't took long. I'm waiting for my iSkin too (ordered on 21st), hopefully it will be here in this week.

Ooh good to know! Btw I got a DLO jam jacket from Best Buy the other day to tide me over while I search for cases. Hmm now I'm thinking of supporting our local economy and buy from iSkin ;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.