Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Why can you only download Apple Music to watch and not Spotify or YTM?
So if I don't pay the new $10.99 I can't download music to my watch? Isn't it my watch and should be able to download other music than Apple.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Welcome to the streaming service. Build your own music library and you can download whatever you like to your watch without limit.
/s

Reactions: addamas

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
You are at the wrong forum.

Ask that question at a Spotify and/or YTM forum.

They have to make/adjust their apps IOT make downloading possible.

It is not an Apple “problem”. 😉
Isn't it possible that Apple is not allowing them such capabilities hence why they haven't made it available?

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Isn't it possible that Apple is not allowing them such capabilities hence why they haven't made it available?
It's also possible that they are the ones who haven't tried. We don't know. You can condemn (or excuse) anyone just by a "possible." You cannot prejudge either way without more information.

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
Well, since Spotify on the Watch seems to be able to download music for offline use (correct me if I‘m wrong), it‘s probably not Apple‘s fault that other apps aren’t able to do the same ;-)

Reactions: JDnLex

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Why can you only download Apple Music to watch and not Spotify or YTM?
So if I don't pay the new $10.99 I can't download music to my watch? Isn't it my watch and should be able to download other music than Apple.
I realize it’s not as popular of an option any more, but you can buy your music and download it, without subscribing to Apple Music. This is what I do.

Reactions: JDnLex
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.