Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Now that AppleTV is available directly as a device when configuring a Harmony remote, isn't the article (Pairing AppleTV and Harmony Remote) at the top of the AppleTV page OBE?

When I was ordering my AppleTV, I read the article and thought I had to jump through all these hoops to control my AppleTV with my Harmony 880. However, you just don't need to do that anymore. It seems to me that this is just going to confuse the noobs.

Bottom line: configuring an AppleTV with a Harmony remote is now as easy as any other device. (Actually, it's easier when you consider that there are so few buttons on the remote that have to be configured.)

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Your 550 should work fine with the AppleTV (mine did), but I did not follow the instructions here on the website exactly as they did not work quite as well as I'd hoped. Instead of the "Mac Mini etc etc etc" I just put in AppleTV and it worked fine.
I read this in a different thread recently and thought I'd post it here to give this thread one more shot.

The instructions in the "Pairing AppleTV and Harmony Remote" article posted at the top of the AppleTV are unnecessary and misleading. This article is no longer needed and only serves to confuse people now that AppleTV is supported directly by Harmony.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.