Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
MacRy said:
She is pure evil though.....even though the following cute picture would suggest otherwise
25240638_3504e5b9b4.jpg
All cats that sleep like that are evil- to sleep with the stomach exposed is an expression of superiority, as well as relaxation. It means "no-one is going to mess with me" - the stomach is the most vital area for a cat, one that they will try to protect at all costs.
Here's my two -and yes the black one is evil

Attachments

• Lazy Cats.JPG
    Lazy Cats.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 98

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Nickygoat said:
All cats that sleep like that are evil- to sleep with the stomach exposed is an expression of superiority, as well as relaxation. It means "no-one is going to mess with me" - the stomach is the most vital area for a cat, one that they will try to protect at all costs.

Your tabby is the spitting image of mine (Chewy).

25528954_bcd451b60a.jpg

Altima3.5

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2005
Philadelphia
Nickygoat said:

I disagree - cats that sleep with their stomach exposed are saying they completely trust you.

Here's my two (Lhasa on the left, Thimpu on the right) cuddling on a chair.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 73

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Altima3.5 said:
I disagree - cats that sleep with their stomach exposed are saying they completely trust you.

You are correct, I do believe. I refer to this position as "ottering."

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
This is a picture of my brother's cat, Kit Kat. The pic is NOT photoshopped. Believe me, I was just as surprised as you when I saw the pic, because when I was getting ready to take it, she started to yawn and I almost hesitated. Boy am I glad I didnt!

kit-kat.jpg

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Lacero said:
My two dogs always scramble to curl under any chair I sit on. I guess it makes them feel safe.

My dog likes to lay under chairs or under tables as well. I believe that behavior relates to their need to have a 'den' type arrangement. He also will go spend time in his kennel when we're not around (we leave it in the garage with his bed in it and the door removed). I think it makes him feel safe.

Probably something similar for cats, but I'm not so sure there. Unfortunately our kitty recently left us. We're pretty sure a coyote got her. :(

Although I love cats I think I'll stick to dogs for now. It's just too dangerous for a cat that steps foot outside where I'm living now, and I'm not willing to keep a cat indoors it's entire life.

roadapple

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2004
MacRy said:
She is pure evil though.....even though the following cute picture would suggest otherwise
25240638_3504e5b9b4.jpg

That pic makes me miss the cat we had in my childhood, even if you say she's evil. I think an intelligent, people friendly cat is as much as a companion as any dog.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Here are my babies. The calico is "PsyKa", the grey and white is "Scarlytt".
(You must excuse the compaq laptop, my school gave them to us, however it was sold, and replaced by a 15' 1.5Ghz Powerbook!)

25775284_817fcd0833.jpg

25775288_f07f1acaa0.jpg

25775285_a6e17834e1.jpg

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Here's my gray one, this is an old pic. But she's a sicko right now... :( her brother scratched her left cornea!
IMG_1292.jpg

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Can't resist chiming in. Love them cats. This is Tyrone. He likes to help himself to things.

Attachments

• Tyrone_1-30-05-20.jpg
    Tyrone_1-30-05-20.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 97

huck500

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
Southern California
Lacero said:
Anybody else have the urge to turn on their water faucets?

Strangely enough, my cat does the same thing and the water being turned on doesn't seem to bother him... as long as it's not too much. He just licks it off of himself.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Do any of you walk your cats on a leash? I've never owned a cat, but this thread has started me of thinking about getting one.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
You can't phase Tyrone with the water faucet. Actually, I usually leave it on a trickle when I'm home because he only really drinks out of sinks.

Attachments

• Tyrone_drinking-3.jpg
    Tyrone_drinking-3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 112

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Lacero said:
Do any of you walk your cats on a leash? I've never owned a cat, but this thread has started me of thinking about getting one.

A few years back, my Mom's cat -- Creemore -- would walk on a leash. I bought her a harness and a leash and she would walk around on it just like a canine.

Apparently, you can "train" cats to walk on a leash, but I don't know that I would have the patience. There's a reason for the expression "like herding cats" when the task at hand is more than a little bit difficult.

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
decksnap said:
You can't phase Tyrone with the water faucet. Actually, I usually leave it on a trickle when I'm home because he only really drinks out of sinks.

My cat, Cain, insisted on drinking only out of the faucet -- and had no problem waking me up at 0300 to turn on the tap for him. I've switched his bowls recently from ceramic to steel; luckily, for some reason, he's now fine drinking out of his bowl again.

Wished I'd made that change months ago. Oy!

OryHara

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2004
San Bruno, CA
when i die i wana come back as a cat. that way when i lounge around the house all day in awquard positions it's cute not "antisociall"

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
I'm not very good with photoshop, and this is the best hand that I could find through google images, but am I the only one what would be half tempted to go like this....

handandcat.gif

After having two cats of my own, and a few battle scars, I would still do it just for the laugh. But I would take the picture before hand, because I would know that finding either of them in that position ever again would be very unlikely. VERY CUTE CAT!

- Steve

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
mac_2005 said:
A few years back, my Mom's cat -- Creemore -- would walk on a leash. I bought her a harness and a leash and she would walk around on it just like a canine.

Apparently, you can "train" cats to walk on a leash, but I don't know that I would have the patience. There's a reason for the expression "like herding cats" when the task at hand is more than a little bit difficult.

I heard you could milk cats too. In fact anything that has teets.......

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
i don't have a cat, but lost my dog recently. good dog, love them to death. here's a pic...

Attachments

• Photo 20 of 20.jpg
    Photo 20 of 20.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 91

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
Lacero said:

We used to walk Jasmine on a lead with a collar, after trying a harness and her escaping! She ended up in a neighbours garage luckily, because if she had run the other way she would have run across a busy 4 lane road..:(

As the cats have got older though they seem less interested in going outside for walks, instead liking to be carried by one of us around the garden so they can sniff the flowers and get a more interesting view I guess!

In one of the photos above you can see Oscar on a bench in the garden - he's quite happy to be carried around, then put on the bench where he'll sit in the sun for a while with one of us - and he doesn't seem interested in getting off the bench and exploring, he never even tries to jump off.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
steve jr. said:
I'm not very good with photoshop, and this is the best hand that I could find through google images, but am I the only one what would be half tempted to go like this....

handandcat.gif

After having two cats of my own, and a few battle scars, I would still do it just for the laugh. But I would take the picture before hand, because I would know that finding either of them in that position ever again would be very unlikely. VERY CUTE CAT!

- Steve

Believe me dude, if you tried that with Ethel you would draw black a bloody nub. If you stroke her anywhere but on the top of her head she turns into a blur of claws and teeth and you limp away sobbing quietly whilst stemming the flow of blood from various deep and painful wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.