Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

builtLordtough@

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Modesto
I am sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post, but I couldn't find any other category that seemed more relevant.

I work for a small business that uses one computer (a pc). My boss is fed up with our current ISP (clearwire) due to a bunch of promises they made us about our setup that never came to fruition. I have been asked, as the most tech-savvy member of the team, to figure out what ISP to go with next.

the problem is, I'm unfamiliar with any ISP's offering exactly what my boss wants. He essentially wants cheap internet service that gives you decent web-browsing power... but the catch is he wants to be able to use the service whether at home (on his ibook), for those late night projects, or at work on the main work computer.

Are there any ISP's that can accomplish something like this? Maybe a portable modem, or two modems at some special deal price?

Would it be easier to just find a cheap ISP and pay for each location seperately?

I'd appreciate any information or insight you can give me, I am at a loss.

thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.