Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Hello,

After weeks of arguing with AOL and spending hours and hours on the phone to call centers all over the world. Finally I'm almost free. Its taken a few more hours to find another ISP who provides TRUE unlimited broadband.

Nearly all the ISP's I researched don't make it obvious about their stupid usage caps. Or they have 12 month contracts, or take ages to get through to, or barely speak english.

I have found the perfect ISP. They have a list of all their packages and there's one to suit everyone. Also no annoying catches in the small print. No 12 month contract. They speak good english!

The main reason for this thread is to let people in the UK looking for a decent ISP that there is one and their name is adsl24.

Goto http://www.adsl24.co.uk Have a look around.

They seem like a small company. Which I think can only be a good thing. When I phoned them they answered within two rings!!!

Its ISP heaven and no I don't work for them or receive commission for recommending people to them.

Phew!

ppnkg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
UK
You must be joking, right? I can't really see how this is `unlimited' broadband, and they charge much more than other ISPs for the same thing.

Carrot007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Yorkshire
Ahh an entanet reseller.

I'm with UK Free Software Network myself which is a different reseller. (entanet don't sell to the public, just to resellers)

http://www.ukfsn.org/ If you want to compare!

They do say "with no port blocking or traffic shaping" though which is a lie because entanet have introduced traffic shaping, however this only applies when bandwidth becomes maxed out and is needed unlike some others.

I'm on max 60 myself and I'm happy.

in fact since I've moved my only problem has been my old faulty router!!! It overheated once and was never right again and randomly dropped the line or lost settings. I finaly got round to changing it and everything is fine.

Yes, sometimes at prime hours things can slow down, but remeber in the uk adsl is a contended product and you are only guarenteed 50:1, and go ahead work it out, that would be less that dial up were it to happen!

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
You must be joking, right? I can't really see how this is `unlimited' broadband, and they charge much more than other ISPs for the same thing.

Because it TRUE unlimited. Not unlimited time online, unlimited usage hence the higher price. Find another ISP which offers no usage limits. Let me know if you do find one. (apart from the other entanet one listed above this post)

Other ISP's don't offer the same thing. They claim to have no limits but when you read there T&C's you'll see limits like 60GB or 10GB etc.

blur35mm

Cancelled
Jan 18, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.