Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrotherNight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2019
I’m creating a slideshow in iMovie and I’m trying to add some recently purchased music. However, when I look for the music in iMovie’s “audio” section, the new music isn’t there.

I realized I haven’t opened the Music app since purchasing it, so I did and the recent purchases downloaded. However, when I go back into iMovie, the music still isn’t there. I re-opened iMovie, hoping that would refresh it but it didn’t work.

As a workaround, I tried using the “import” tool. I navigated to exactly where the music is on my SSD and clicked “import,” but it looks like nothing happened. It didn’t give me an error or anything, I just can’t seem to find it. Is there some bin that imported media gets put into?

Any solution to either of these problems?

Thanks! ?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
If you've purchased the music from Apple then it's not available for use with iMovie. To do with copywriter I believe.

All I can suggest is to play it on you Mac and record it with Piezo and then use the recording. You can record up to 10 minutes with the free version.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I’m creating a slideshow in iMovie and I’m trying to add some recently purchased music. However, when I look for the music in iMovie’s “audio” section, the new music isn’t there.
This is odd. While I think you can’t use Apple Music in iMovie, anything you purchase SHOULD be available to iMovie, because the files are unprotected. Do you have other music that you’ve purchased that DOES work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.