Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
Hi all.

This is a little confusing but I'll cut the story short.

Decided to put iOS 8 on my iPhone, had issues so I did a full restore and now iOS 7 is back on it.

However, I've had to restore as new because I couldn't find the backup from last night, 1836.

When I go to the settings on my phone, it says last backup: 1836 but when I look on iTunes the 1836 backup isn't there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
Anybody?

Is no-one replying because it's that obvious or no-one actually knows?

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
You can't restore an iOS 8 backup to an iOS 7 device. Was the latest backup made on iOS 8 or 7?

Did you backup to iTunes or iCloud? To restore from iCloud backup, restore to iOS7 again and then setup the phone on the phone instead of through iTunes.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
You can't restore an iOS 8 backup to an iOS 7 device. Was the latest backup made on iOS 8 or 7?

Did you backup to iTunes or iCloud? To restore from iCloud backup, restore to iOS7 again and then setup the phone on the phone instead of through iTunes.

^This. If you backed up to iCloud and allowed iOS 8 to run an auto icloud backup, you cannot recover your backup in iOS7. Hopefully you have a copy of your backup in iTunes from iOS 7?

crazyman3005

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
About to install ios8 now....when it installs, I should opt to do the iCloud back up when it turns on right, as I would usually, or do I restore with my iTunes hard copy back up?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England

The latest backup was from iOS 8.

Anyway, I've just started all over, now on 7.1.1. Going to wait until beta 3 at least before I do that again.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.