Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jalm1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
I am trying to move to HomeKit from Wink for our automation hub which primarily revolves around Hue and Lutron Castea with two ATVs as hubs and I have hit a issue.

At first, I setup our home (having never used homekit before) with Lutron and then Hue on my iPhone. Everything worked just fine on the phone. However, when i looked at my two iPads (same iCloud account) only the Lutron devices were shown (the Hue devices were not syncing across iCloud). When I tried remote access on my iPhone, only the Lutron devices were accessible, the Hue were not. I tried a few trouble shooting items (like restarting all the devices, logging out and back into iCloud on the ATVs) but nothing seemed to work.

I then removed my accessories and deleted the home from the Home app. Strange this didnt seem to remove the home from my two ipads. I then deleted the home from both of those iPads and created a new Home in the App and tried the setup again. Same issue, Lutron and Hue work fine on my iPhone but Hue doesn't Sync across devices.

I then logged out of iCloud on the iPhone (i should have done more research before doing this), and tried setting home up again with just Hue. Again, Hue appears and works on my iPhone, but not on any of my other devices. Also, now my two ATVs dont appear as hubs on my iPhone, but they do on my two iPads (which have no other accessories but the same home name).

So I am at a bit of a loss. It seems like this is an iCloud issues as Hue will connect just fine on the iPhone, but maybe not.

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.