Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravi_MR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Hi,
I am running iOS 12.3.1 on my iPhone XS and iPads (mini 5 + air 2019).

Recently, I have noticed that when I select 'update all' in the app store, not all apps get updated. Even when clicking individually, some apps don't start updating; Only after clicking update multiple times, the apps get updated.
I don't see any pattern here.
It also occurs both on my phone and ipads.
Never faced this before.

Anyone else facing this problem?
Restart doesn't help.

Thanks,
Ravi

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Yes - this happens to me once in a while happening more often though running iOS 12.3.1 I've noticed. Let's say there are 4 apps that have an update for example. I'll tap Update All, only 1 will update and the others will go back to saying 'Update'....tap Update All again, and those apps show a spinning circle like they're getting ready to update, but wait, the circle will stop and go back to saying Update. :mad: Thinking its a connection issue I try disconnecting and reconnecting to Wi-Fi, LTE, toggling Airplane mode, force closing the App store, etc. The only resolution is to totally reboot the device, at least that works for me.

Reactions: Ravi_MR

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Seeing it as well from time to time.

Not paying close attention to the issue to debug, but seems to occur when many apps to update. Appears as if any app that starts downloading finishes, but anything else stays in the update state when device locks/sleeps.

Ravi_MR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Yes - this happens to me once in a while happening more often though running iOS 12.3.1 I've noticed. Let's say there are 4 apps that have an update for example. I'll tap Update All, only 1 will update and the others will go back to saying 'Update'....tap Update All again, and those apps show a spinning circle like they're getting ready to update, but wait, the circle will stop and go back to saying Update. :mad: Thinking its a connection issue I try disconnecting and reconnecting to Wi-Fi, LTE, toggling Airplane mode, force closing the App store, etc. The only resolution is to totally reboot the device, at least that works for me.
That's exactly what I'm facing. Since few others also seem to be facing this, will contact Apple support or give feedback..requesting those who face it to do so as well. I am fairly sure I did not face this in earlier versions of iOS, atleast not to the extent that I noticed!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
That's exactly what I'm facing. Since few others also seem to be facing this, will contact Apple support or give feedback..requesting those who face it to do so as well. I am fairly sure I did not face this in earlier versions of iOS, atleast not to the extent that I noticed!
I only started experiencing this a couple weeks ago, well into 12.3.1 Doing it on iPhone and Watch App Store , iPad and I want to say I’m having the same issue in TestFlight as well, but I’m not sure about that.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
This has been happening to me for the last few weeks. My friend is getting it as well. Have to hit update 3-4 times for it to actually take.

He and I are surprised that more people aren't complaining about this.

Happens on both my iPad and iPhone. My wife doesn't have this problem but she says she never checks for updates and lets auto-update do its thing.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Just updated my IPad Pro and iPhone XS to 12.4. Both showed nine app updates for each device after the update. Both devices updated all the apps without a hitch.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
This has been happening to me for the last few weeks. My friend is getting it as well. Have to hit update 3-4 times for it to actually take.

He and I are surprised that more people aren't complaining about this.

Happens on both my iPad and iPhone. My wife doesn't have this problem but she says she never checks for updates and lets auto-update do its thing.
Me too! On 12.4 and beta 13...same thing! iPhone and iPads. Doesn't matter. Have to hit update several times. Cannot use 'update all' either. Never happened before. Surprised not many others complaining.
[doublepost=1563844622][/doublepost]
Hi,
I am running iOS 12.3.1 on my iPhone XS and iPads (mini 5 + air 2019).

Recently, I have noticed that when I select 'update all' in the app store, not all apps get updated. Even when clicking individually, some apps don't start updating; Only after clicking update multiple times, the apps get updated.
I don't see any pattern here.
It also occurs both on my phone and ipads.
Never faced this before.

Anyone else facing this problem?
Restart doesn't help.

Thanks,
Ravi
Exactly same for me.

Ravi_MR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Came here to report back that the issue persists on both iPhone and iPad even in iOS 12.4;
Hoping it will be fixed in iOS 13; Anybody on iOS 13 beta for some time and still face the issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.