Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atihg566

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
usa
Dear macrumors,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have been experiencing with the syncing of audiobooks in the Apple Books app.

Despite ensuring that my Apple ID is consistent across both my iPhone and Mac, and selecting the option to sync audiobooks in the settings, I have observed that only the EPUB format of books is being successfully synced. Audiobooks, unfortunately, are not being synchronized between the two devices.

I have tried various troubleshooting steps, including restarting both devices, double-checking my internet connection, ensuring all software is up-to-date, and toggling the sync settings for audiobooks, but the issue persists.

I greatly value the convenience of Apple's ecosystem, and having the ability to seamlessly transition between my iPhone and Mac for both EPUB and audiobooks is essential to my reading experience.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide in resolving this matter. Your prompt attention to this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Warm regards,

guy
atia.guy@gmail.com

lineto

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2013
Apple’s native Books app doesn’t sync audiobooks that are not from their own store. For whatever reason epubs and pdf’s work fine - after all, it’s your own iCloud storage - but m4b and mp3 audibooks don’t.

You *can* add them via finder, but it’s a hassle.

Check out the app Bookplayer (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bookplayer/id1138219998)

I use this. Easiest way is to make a zip folder containing the book and associated files, then upload the .zip to Files/iCloud drive and Book Player will allow you to import from files and unzip. Once it’s in BP you can delete the zip and progress syncs across iCloud devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.