Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unmesh AK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
Kerala, India
I'm an iPhone 5s user...Recently I had my software updated to iOS 9.3.1. I had also updated my Facebook mobile application to Version 52.0. But I could not complete the update as it was showing 'installing' only. And after that the Fb application is not working. The application is seen as a faded icon on the home screen...
I tried restarting the phone by pressing the power and home button together till the apple logo appears. But even after that no benefit...
Then I tried to reset the AppStore by repeated pressing (as I was advised my Mac Forum for an earlier AppStore issue), but that was also not helpful...
Then I tried deleting the Fb thinking that I will re-install. But I am unable to delete the Fb from applications...
I am able to login to my Fb accout from other devises...!!
Please advise me to what to do to get access to my Fb account from my iPhone...Please...

zz_nosa_r

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
Maybe it's corrupted or country specific restriction because you are from India? Not sure. o_O

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Delete the app from the manage storage area of the general section of settings, then restart the device, and then install the app as new essentially.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Or do as C DM stated but DONT install it again. Use the mobile web version instead. The FB app is crap anyway :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.