Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albal21

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
UK
For a few months now iCloud photos have not been syncing. I've understood this from the messages in the Photos App on my iPhone 12 Pro. I tried turning iCloud Photos on and off, enabling and disbled Photostream and rebooting and so far done a couple of iOS updates including the recent 14.5 - still stuck. The message I get in Photos is Uploading 2,605 items but the number of items never change.

I thought today I would check on iCloud.com and there when I go to photos I says there are 331 photos from 2013/14 and none of the thumb nails display anyting. When I say thumbnails it is grey boxes that can't be clicked - it is where the thumbnail would be.

I think I might have to call Apple as it looks to be something up with my iCloud storage. Other family members Photos are working fine in the shared family account. I've not got to this sooner as Photos have been backing up on Amazon and Google but now I am phasing out Google I need iCloud to work as intended.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I had an issue where my photos displayed fine via the iCloud web interface but a few would not show in Photos on my Mac or iPad. Found that reverting them to the original allowed them to display. I’m pretty sure that all the ones that wouldn’t display had been edited in either iPhot or Aperture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.