Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kstoyanchev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2016
Please help.

have contacted Apple Support and we have tried everything, but after I updated my device to iOS 9.3, my iPhone 6 is stuck in boot-loop and I am unable to access the phone. A few hours after I updated it, I was able to see the home screen and even use my device for 1-2 minutes before it froze and hard-reset. Now it just sits on the apple logo when you launch the phone. iTunes does not recognize it when I plug in my computer. I am up to date on iTunes and my operating system. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Since you already contacted Apple Support, maybe you should take it to your nearest Apple Store. If you still have warranty they could swap it out for a new one or depending on how the Geniuses feel you could get one without paying a fee if you don't have warranty.

kstoyanchev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2016
Since you already contacted Apple Support, maybe you should take it to your nearest Apple Store. If you still have warranty they could swap it out for a new one or depending on how the Geniuses feel you could get one without paying a fee if you don't have warranty.

do you think that they would give me one without a fee though? I mean i really only updated the phone...

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
do you think that they would give me one without a fee though? I mean i really only updated the phone...
Definitely not if it's still within your one-year warranty or if you have an extended warranty with AppleCare+. Otherwise, you may have to pay for a replacement if it's a hardware problem, but this could be software-related. Placing the phone in DFU mode will often get iTunes to recognize it and allow you to restore it. Try this before taking it to Apple.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
If the problem really is related to the iOS update, they could give a refurbished unit for free...

Try first a DFU restore: it usually works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.