Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Hello, I'm completely lost and pissed off.

Sorry for the rude words that might follow but I'm on a streak now and it's unbelievable.

So here I am: I've pre-ordered the Pro Max on Friday and my order got cancelled on Sunday. Apparently, after 3 different calls to get an explanation, it was due to my bank or the card I've used, I don't know why because I've authorized the payment and it should have went through normaly.

I ordered again Monday, despite knowing that my new date would be near November for a delivery (which is completely abnormal for the amount I spend on a product) instead of September. It got cancelled, again. I repeated the purchase twice that day and both of them got the same issue.

Today I've tried, with a different card, it didn't work either. I've tried with another bank that I use and it didn't work no more either.

I'm 5 orders in and all got cancelled within the hour. I don't understand.

The phone assistance is completely useless as well, no disrespect but they are telling me to go to an Apple Store, where the stock is inexistant because it goes to preorders, obviously, and it has for years. Now they are telling me to not try again and to buy elsewhere. This makes absolutely no sense.

I've been a customer for such a long time and never have I seen a such amount of bullsh*t.

Truly unbelievable. I was already pissed with those delivery time but this is the cherry on top.

What are your recommandations? Should I ask someone I know to order it for me?

Thanks ahead for any ideas or advices. I'm completely bummed and lost.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMac89

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Buy from someone else seems to be the only answer.

I’m guessing you’ve spoken to your bank(s) to see what they say?

Yeah I've emailed the first bank I have used the most for this preorder and they told me that Apple never tried to charge me, it's on their side. Meanwhile Apple is saying it's on my bank's side so I'm just stuck in between like a sheep.

I'll give a call to my second bank to see what they are saying.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I'm so sorry you are going through this and not sure why that keeps happening.

Like you mentioned, I would see if you have someone you know in your family that can order it for you on their account, I'd try that.

Apple Store retails will have walk in inventory as they always do. So you could or someone in your family could get to the apple store and line up early. Some apple store will get shipment in Wednesday and also Thursday so by Friday Morning, the store should update their inventory for in-store pick up so you could try that route too.

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
I've called my other bank and they said the same thing, they're an agreement for payment but no amount was tried to be taken. Makes no sense

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah, I wouldn't go with Apple then and try a different vendor. Not sure where you live, but I've seen Best Buy and others showing shipping dates sooner than Apple.

LinkRS

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Texas, USA
I can certainly see how you would be frustrated, I think anyone would be in your shoes. You didn't say who you were ordering from? Was it directly with Apple? Also, as Vazza has said you should contact the issuer of the payment method that keeps causing issues to see what is going on. There is a chance that this could be caused by issues outside of the vendor you are using. Good luck!

Rich S.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Get a credit card that you can use immediately: Apple Card, Verizon Card, Best Buy, etc... That way you know your purchase will go thru.

Otherwise, the day before or morning of launch check stock availability at your local Apple Stores - you can buy it on the spot and then casually walk in and pick it up.

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
I can certainly see how you would be frustrated, I think anyone would be in your shoes. You didn't say who you were ordering from? Was it directly with Apple? Also, as Vazza has said you should contact the issuer of the payment method that keeps causing issues to see what is going on. There is a chance that this could be caused by issues outside of the vendor you are using. Good luck!

Rich S.
Yes I have only ordered through Apple website so far

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Get a credit card that you can use immediately: Apple Card, Verizon Card, Best Buy, etc... That way you know your purchase will go thru.

Otherwise, the day before or morning of launch check stock availability at your local Apple Stores - you can buy it on the spot and then casually walk in and pick it up.
Ok thanks I will see what happens by then. I might try to ask a friend to order with their card in the meantime

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Ok thanks I will see what happens by then. I might try to ask a friend to order with their card in the meantime
Remember, the carrier stores (VZW, ATT, TMO) are selling in store on launch day as well.

Retailers like Best Buy, Target, and MicroCenter will also sell instore.

Another Apple option is to try Citizen's bank for the iUP program - they extend 0% terms for 24 months using a line of credit you open.
I am an old Apple fan and originally had their Barclay's Apple Credit card then moved to Citizen's bank for many years and loved them until the Apple Card came out and then now all my Apple devices go thru my Apple Card (3% cash back and 0%).

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Remember, the carrier stores (VZW, ATT, TMO) are selling in store on launch day as well.

Retailers like Best Buy, Target, and MicroCenter will also sell instore.

Another Apple option is to try Citizen's bank for the iUP program - they extend 0% terms for 24 months using a line of credit you open.
I am an old Apple fan and originally had their Barclay's Apple Credit card then moved to Citizen's bank for many years and loved them until the Apple Card came out and then now all my Apple devices go thru my Apple Card (3% cash back and 0%).
I live in France unfortunately

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Welcome to the new Apple. Various people have different ridiculous problems with Apple. That's just how they are now.

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
Hello, I'm completely lost and pissed off.

Sorry for the rude words that might follow but I'm on a streak now and it's unbelievable.

So here I am: I've pre-ordered the Pro Max on Friday and my order got cancelled on Sunday. Apparently, after 3 different calls to get an explanation, it was due to my bank or the card I've used, I don't know why because I've authorized the payment and it should have went through normaly.

I ordered again Monday, despite knowing that my new date would be near November for a delivery (which is completely abnormal for the amount I spend on a product) instead of September. It got cancelled, again. I repeated the purchase twice that day and both of them got the same issue.

Today I've tried, with a different card, it didn't work either. I've tried with another bank that I use and it didn't work no more either.

I'm 5 orders in and all got cancelled within the hour. I don't understand.

The phone assistance is completely useless as well, no disrespect but they are telling me to go to an Apple Store, where the stock is inexistant because it goes to preorders, obviously, and it has for years. Now they are telling me to not try again and to buy elsewhere. This makes absolutely no sense.

I've been a customer for such a long time and never have I seen a such amount of bullsh*t.

Truly unbelievable. I was already pissed with those delivery time but this is the cherry on top.

What are your recommandations? Should I ask someone I know to order it for me?

Thanks ahead for any ideas or advices. I'm completely bummed and lost.

The amount you pay does not present a guaranteed 'right to buy': if there is no stock, you cannot buy the item. People who buy Ferrari's, yachts or other expensive luxury items or more generally, highly sought items also have to wait, irrespective budget :)

* Last year, I was late on the online pre-order... I just got up in the morning and walked to the BE Apple store and 30m later walked out with the 13 Pro Max I wanted all along. A hassle? Sure? Did it allow me to get my launch day fix, also...

No reason (or at least no use) to be upset... it will not bring you any nearer to getting what you want unfortunately.

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
The amount you pay does not present a guaranteed 'right to buy': if there is no stock, you cannot buy the item. People who buy Ferrari's, yachts or other expensive luxury items or more generally, highly sought items also have to wait, irrespective budget :)

* Last year, I was late on the online pre-order... I just got up in the morning and walked to the BE Apple store and 30m later walked out with the 13 Pro Max I wanted all along. A hassle? Sure? Did it allow me to get my launch day fix, also...

No reason (or at least no use) to be upset... it will not bring you any nearer to getting what you want unfortunately.
I'm not sure if you read everything because I'm not upset particularly over the fact that it's sold out or because of the long wait but because of the company to cancel my orders without telling me why and to lie to me

ajibarra

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
Two years ago I preordered an iPhone 12 just when preorders started. I used two gift cards I bought in a physical Apple Store. Friday afternoon they decided my Apple Cards were not legal. The order was cancelled, the gift cards were cancelled too. I called many times until somebody told me “yeah that happens wait until Monday and your gift cards will be enabled again”. Nothing happened.

Then after one month of calling Apple, sending emails, sending gift card receipts, contacting the Apple Store where I bought the gift cards by email because they were closed because of the pandemia, they finally enabled the gift cards again.

You never know what will Apple do after you place the order. By the way this year I finally spent the remaining gift card balance in the Apple Watch and I placed two orders, one with gift cards and one without just in case they decide to cancel one.

My recommendation (what I did two years ago), check fnac site until they start preorders and buy the device there

lawlietkm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Two years ago I preordered an iPhone 12 just when preorders started. I used two gift cards I bought in a physical Apple Store. Friday afternoon they decided my Apple Cards were not legal. The order was cancelled, the gift cards were cancelled too. I called many times until somebody told me “yeah that happens wait until Monday and your gift cards will be enabled again”. Nothing happened.

Then after one month of calling Apple, sending emails, sending gift card receipts, contacting the Apple Store where I bought the gift cards by email because they were closed because of the pandemia, they finally enabled the gift cards again.

You never know what will Apple do after you place the order. By the way this year I finally spent the remaining gift card balance in the Apple Watch and I placed two orders, one with gift cards and one without just in case they decide to cancel one.

My recommendation (what I did two years ago), check fnac site until they start preorders and buy the device there
Damn, they are so annoying and unorganized for the richest company in the world.

Also I was wondering as you were saying you had multiple cards, do you know how many cards you can use at once? :eek:

Thanks for knowledge!

ajibarra

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
Damn, they are so annoying and unorganized for the richest company in the world.

Also I was wondering as you were saying you had multiple cards, do you know how many cards you can use at once? :eek:

Thanks for knowledge!
I think you can use up to eight gift cards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.