Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Hi Everyone

I am having an issue where I have music that I have previously purchased that I am unable to play on my Mac as it says "Item cannot be downloaded as it was not purchase with your ID"

These are all stored locally on my phone and have not been purchased with any other Apple ID.

What is even more odd is that it is mostly whole albums however having another look I have some albums that have some songs that work and others that don't

Any advice would be appreciated.

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Yes I am on the family plan and I am the main account and it's my account logged on the Mac and never been any other account used on it.

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Turn on the "iCloud Status" tab in iTunes. Notice if you're able to play music showing as "Apple Music" or as "Matched". I've been having this issue with any item showing as "Matched" and some of the items I added from "Apple Music" switched to "Matched".

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Turn on the "iCloud Status" tab in iTunes. Notice if you're able to play music showing as "Apple Music" or as "Matched". I've been having this issue with any item showing as "Matched" and some of the items I added from "Apple Music" switched to "Matched".

Sorry I realised what you said. I am an apple music subscriber but not Match

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I fixed this by unselecting iTunes library and then re selecting it, someone from Microsoft must have built iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.