Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I have noticed for the past few weeks that the Now Playing icon in the Menu Bar (I am running Monterey 12.2) doesn't work properly. When I click on it will display the album artwork, track artist and album title but more the bar showing the progress and the two little time indications (how much has played and how much is left in the track) are blank. When I click on the PAUSE button and then the PLAY button, everything will work as expected, but not until then. I have tried turning off the Now Playing from the Menu Bar, restarted my iMac and then turned it back on but nothing changes. Any suggestions?

Reactions: adith27

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
This is mine. All I can think of that might help you would be to update to 12.2.1.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 3.00.42 PM.png

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 5.30.49 PM.png

Well I have already updated to 12.2.1 and it still happens. Looks like this. If I click on the PAUSE control and then PLAY it will correct to what it should be showing and then usually on the next track will go back to this. BTW - I am currently about 4 minutes into the song. Thanks.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Yes. That's strange. I can't think of any cause or fix. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will chip in with an idea.

adith27

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2018
I have the same error and rebooting in safe mode didn't work either. It seems to be mainly a problem with Apple Music since content played on a browser doesn't have the same issue.

mrfunnypenguin

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2022
This bug has been present in macOS for way too long. It only appears when a song finishes on it's own (it will not happen if you skip). Submitted a bug report to Apple in the Feedback app yesterday, and hopefully they fix it.

Reactions: adith27
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.