Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I am new to IOS and Iphones; but for some reason when I try to move apps into a folder it would just start moving away instead of allowing the app to go into the folder. I have to literally hold my app with one hand and use my second hand to tap on folder which forces it open to add the app in. Am i doing something wrong here or is apple really that bad at making everything in the homescreen work correctly

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
I am new to IOS and Iphones; but for some reason when I try to move apps into a folder it would just start moving away instead of allowing the app to go into the folder. I have to literally hold my app with one hand and use my second hand to tap on folder which forces it open to add the app in. Am i doing something wrong here or is apple really that bad at making everything in the homescreen work correctly
I’ve had that same problem before. Perhaps try making sure your folder isn’t on the end of a row of icons. Drag it in the middle of other icons. Then reattempt to drag the app to the folder and see if that resolves your problem.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I’ve had that same problem before. Perhaps try making sure your folder isn’t on the end of a row of icons. Drag it in the middle of other icons. Then reattempt to drag the app to the folder and see if that resolves your problem.
hmm it was at the end of the row, yikes apple needs to fix this, im on ios 14 beta will suggest this, its getting really annoying

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
This was an issue even before iOS 14. Its annoying. Glad i‘m not the only one having this issue.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I’ve got an iPhone 6 on iOS 9 and moving apps around and into folders has always been super easy and fluid with no problems whatsoever.

I’ve also got other newer iPhones on iOS 13 and moving apps around is nowhere near as effortless.

When iOS 13 first came out, (not beta) moving apps around was almost impossible. Future updates have fixed most of those issues but it still doesn’t work as well as it does in iOS 9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.