Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anp27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've been having issues deleting and moving files. It always takes a few extra seconds to do it.. it's vey annoying. Anyone else seeing this? Is it a beta issue?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I've been having issues deleting and moving files. It always takes a few extra seconds to do it.. it's vey annoying. Anyone else seeing this? Is it a beta issue?
The algorithm for calculating the files needed to move or delete has some problems. I do such much faster under Windows using ntfs file system. Maybe this is an issue rooted inside hfs file system. I don't know. :(

anp27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The algorithm for calculating the files needed to move or delete has some problems. I do such much faster under Windows using ntfs file system. Maybe this is an issue rooted inside hfs file system. I don't know. :(
I've never seen these problems till now (El Capitan).

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I have seen constant tab reload while using camera app to take photos! Who says 1GB of ram is enough for iPhone 6 Plus???

Since next beta is imminent, I think you could see if next beta version could do better. If not, then report.

anp27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have seen constant tab reload while using camera app to take photos! Who says 1GB of ram is enough for iPhone 6 Plus???

Since next beta is imminent, I think you could see if next beta version could do better. If not, then report.
I think I'll wait till the next beta, it is still quite early. Was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I think I'll wait till the next beta, it is still quite early. Was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this.
Talking about this, the issue I have is calculating occupies spaces takes much longer time than on Windows. Many times users just want to know an approximate size, not an accurate one.

Mentalow

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2015
It has been a pain here too to copy huge folders (in terms of number of files). I ended up using the command line.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It has been a pain here too to copy huge folders (in terms of number of files). I ended up using the command line.
I take more than 10 minutes to delete a xcode app folder. It is too slow, and much slower than under Windows.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Xcode contains thousands of folders and files. And HFS+ doesn't help in this case.
Btw, have you ever tried deleting Xcode under Windows?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Xcode contains thousands of folders and files. And HFS+ doesn't help in this case.
Btw, have you ever tried deleting Xcode under Windows?
No. I just leave it be. :(
Maybe next time I should try doing this under Windows.

anp27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thank goodness this is FIXED!

EDIT: Spoke too soon... I'm seeing the problem again.. :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.