Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Unable to fix the mail application as it would not display incoming mail without selecting "new View"...decided to re-install the OS that I had on the computer (10.11) without asking me...I got 10.13 and apple mail is still broken and now my MS office 2011 will be DEAD....Would it be asking too much if Apple put a text: Do you want to keep your old OS or do you want to update your mac with 10.13??????? The computer is now very slow as well....the mail is still broken.....................Apple's Geeks don't have the judgement to think of asking the user aka customer what they want....I guess its not really my computer...its Apple's

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes, upgrading to High Sierra does not "kill" MS Office 2011. (not yet, anyway!)
There may be parts that do not work properly, but my main apps (Word, and PowerPoint) appear to have no problems.
However, it's likely that Apple will release some update to High Sierra that would disable 32-bit apps, which will then be a major stop for Office 2011. The future comes on us all. Time to decide how you will proceed with old Office apps (as I need to do now :D )

What is "new view" selection in Mail, and what does it do?
I continue to use the Classic Layout (under the Viewing pane in Mail's preferences), so I just wonder what your issue is with Mail, as "new view" does not mean anything to me --- and just curious what that issue is for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.