Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
I have and older iPod it’s an:

IPod touch 2nd Gen
Intro. September 9, 2008 Disc. September 9, 2009
Order MB528LL/A* Model A1288/A1319* (EMC 234)
Family iPod touch 2nd Gen ID iPod2, 1 Storage 16 GB

Here’s the challenge:

First, when I plug it into my computer through the USB port, it is not assigned a drive letter but I can see all of its songs in iTunes.

2nd, I can also do right click to check properties and I can see that most of the iPod is filled with music.

3rd when I click on the iPod I see the DCM folder but only the DCM folder. In fact when I open the DCM folder its empty??? I am looking for the Control Folder so I try to perform the un-hide function by putting the check mark in but still I don’t see the Control folder!? So why can’t I see the Control Folder with the F00 folders that contain the music.

I have another I-pod Nano, 4th Generation SN: YM841BAA3RO that was assigned a drive letter when I connected it to my PC, I located its Control Folder, I had to unhide it first. Then found all the F00 folders with the music and was able to drag and drop the folders and music in my computers Music folder. So why can’t I do it on this iPod.

So why can’t I do the same on the other iPod

Albert O

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Probably something to do with the different software that the iPod touch runs. I have never tried to pull music from a touch, but I'd imagine the Music folder is not present. iPod touch runs iOS, which handles music differently than the old iPod firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.