Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Addaboy1231

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2023
I’m currently driving a year old Nissan with CarPlay and plugging in (not even relying on Bluetooth) my iPhone 13PM into it and for two or three years maybe, it plays like clockwork. Seemingly, since the release of iOS 16.4 or so, I set up the phone plugged in, play music from Apple Music, start to drive and maybe I can get one song out of it, before the phone is totally disconnected from CarPlay?!? I have to (while driving) disconnect the cable, plug it back into the phone and it starts playing again…for another song or two and happens again until I just shut it all off. Any ideas? Help!

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Is it just disconnecting from carplay or is charging the phone disconnected too? Especially if the latter is happening, I would try a different cable, although maybe you should try that anyway so at least that possibility can be ruled out. So many of my problems over the years with CarPlay have been cable related where the connection only worked one way, or the cable was starting to go bad.

Mc0

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2017
I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I’m playing music on Spotify and using Google Maps for navigation and it will just disconnect. It seems pretty random because it would sometimes work for 30 minutes then will stop and sometimes it would stop within 3 minutes. I have to reconnect the cable to put the CarPlay back on. It’s just really annoying when you are driving and relying on the navigation system. I have tried Apple’s troubleshooting steps like rebooting the phone, software updates, do a forget device on Carplay and change the cable but no luck. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.