Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicholasg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
I installed iOS 12 on my AppleTV 4K and noticed 2 issues with Hulu: -

1) Autoplay - I can't figure out how to switch this off. I go to the page with the setting within the app, but can't figure out how to set it to "off".

2) Some shows do not show up on "Watch Now" after watching an episode e.g. Librarians or Last Ship. These are both TNT shows, not sure if this is relevant. Other shows do show up.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Cheers,
Nicholas

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
1) Autoplay - I can't figure out how to switch this off. I go to the page with the setting within the app, but can't figure out how to set it to "off".

I just tried changing that setting in my Hulu app and I can't change it from "off" so perhaps there is a bug. I'd suggest reaching out to Hulu Support on Twitter <https://twitter.com/hulu_support>. They are very responsive and ought to be able to help. I'm going to message them now, as well.

2) Some shows do not show up on "Watch Now" after watching an episode e.g. Librarians or Last Ship. These are both TNT shows, not sure if this is relevant. Other shows do show up.

I've not noticed this behavior with Hulu, but I have noticed it with Real Time with Bill Maher in the HBO Go app. I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

nicholasg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Autoplay with Hulu can now be switched off. Not sure if that is due to 12.0.1 or the Hulu app update today. However still can't get some shows (e.g. Librarians or Last Ship) to show up in "Watch Now".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.