Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Hello all!

So I have the IPhone SE 64GB that I use as an "Ipod" for my car, since it has the AUX cord and I just throw it into my cup holder.

I had my display replaced two months ago due to a lot of dead pixels. I noticed about a week ago that my display was starting to separate from the body of the phone. I was able to start seeing the inside components from the corner of the iPhone and my home button was hard to press down due to it. There is NO damage to the phone whatsoever, not even a scratch.

The genius bar lady told me that to replace my screen, it would be $120 dollars out of warranty since it is considered physical damage (Really?).

I then noticed when she put it back on (made sure the display was on), it was still beginning to separate again... What the heck? I never had this issue with the other display...

She said that there's an extra 3 month warranty (1 year warranty is up this month), since the remounting was considered a repair. She also said that this doesn't affect the function of the phone also (WTF!). I feel if I get a drop of rain on it, it will get in the inside of the components...

Should I call apple care and speak to a higher up person? Does this sound right?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.