Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
My HomePods haven’t been able to give me my personal update anymore since updating them to 14.5. I’m in Germany, and both of my HomePod minis just keep telling me there is a problem with the connection and that I should check if the HomePod is in the same WiFi as my iPhone. Everything else works fine, it’s just the personal update that doesn’t work. Anyone having the same issue? I’ve already reset both of them and set them up fresh with no luck. :(

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
I would try restarting your router and network. The HPs can be a bit fussy if something changes i.e. the update and things are not restarted, or so that has been my experience of them. Hope it helps.

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
Mine was fine on 14.5 but now on 14.5.1 it won’t read my schedule for the day. When I ask he tells me he can only answer and decline incoming calls. ?

Only my calendar seems to be an issue thus far, but I use that feature a lot.

I’m going to reboot everything and see if that fixes it.

Edit:

I rebooted my phone which didn’t help. Then I rebooted the HomePod which made it worse (both my HomePod and my mini were saying I was on a different network than my phone which was untrue). Than I rebooted my phone one more time and all the issues were resolved.

Last edited:

Mr Todhunter

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Third planet from the Sun
Setting a permanent alarm (that rings every day at a specified time) does not work after the update. Siri says the alarm is set permanently but it only rings just one time. Streaming music from the Mac, playing music from my library or using my Philips hue works like before, no problems there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.