Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oharag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Hello

I just noticed an issue with my Epson WF-7520 and Mac OS X 11.6 recently

This printer is connected to Wifi. Computer connected to Wifi (same). Wifi connection on printer is "Excellent". A few weeks back I could send a print to Epson without issue over wifi. Now - no. So the printer is connected in Printers & Scanners with a green light. I send a print job - the print question says "Trying to connect to printer" Then it says "Offline" and print job just spins. I tried this on my iPhone as well - same issue. I rebooted printer - unplugged it - rebooted Mac mini M1 - hard rebooted wireless router - deleted printer from settings and reconnected. Nothing works. So I get on Apple Care help - and the Chat dude is like - reinstall your OS. I don't want to do this just yet. So I figured to check if I can print to Epson using USB - and yes this works without fail. Apple dude said my printer was compatible with 11.6 - my Epson Updater says my firmware/SW is up to date.

Has anyone seen this issue?

I found it strange that Mac mini can see printer on network - can install printer - shows a green light - and yet whenever it tries to connect to printer over wifi it fails. I can't check ink supplies - connect scanner - or print.

Reactions: Thistle41

oharag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Turns out it was router issue. I had a very powerful Asus Router that seems to be taking a poop. I lost my 5Ghz and 2.4 GHz was flakey. Even though I had connected to my 2.4 on my printer it seemed to have been lost. Instead I was connecting to my Powerline Wifi - which is absolutely HORRIBLE. I did not realize this until yesterday. I had purchased the Asus Zenwifi AX Mesh routers - and got off my lazy butt to finally install and connect. Printing works now. I thought it was an OS problem - but it did turn out to be Wifi. I'm excited with the new Asus AX Router - one I have both 2.4 and 5 Ghz working now. My Mac mini (which takes advantage with new 5Ghz AX protocol) is almost 3 times faster over wifi than before. Thanks for helping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.