Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
So I got my daughter a 5th gen ipod touch for christmas. In about feb/mar the cable that came with the touch stopped working, stopped charging. I was a lil upset by this, as she took real good care of it, but I went ahead and bought a usb to lightning cable from target then. Now today in the care, she goes to plug it into a usb car charger, and the wire split where the lightning end is, and it burned her finger. I'm irritated now, is there anything Apple can do, like send a replacement?

BTW I went to sams club and got a digipower brand usb to lightning cable, it's thicker and 6 ft long, much better. But I'm still upset at the quality control on these cables.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
If you had gone to an Apple store when the first cable failed, they would've replaced it under warranty. They should still replace one of their cables under warranty since they're all under a year old unless they consider it abused.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
If you had gone to an Apple store when the first cable failed, they would've replaced it under warranty. They should still replace one of their cables under warranty since they're all under a year old unless they consider it abused.

the original isn't abused at all, just stopped working. So i gotta go to an apple store? closest one is like 45 minutes away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.