Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anmol2goyal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
Can somebody please tell whether there is issues with the screen of MacBook 14, I have encountered many issues with this device in last 8-9 months.
1. the entire keyboard keys has the marks on the screen of this laptop, may be the proper space is not there between the screen and the keyboard.
2. today, when I was cleaning the screen with a damp soft cloth I saw that there are some very tiny marks on the screen just like the ones we get on our screen guard of our phone.
Now, I'm confused whether the build quality of the screen of this laptop is very low or there is some pre-installed screen film/guard/protector(as I have not applied any).
If any of you know any solution for these issues, it will be really helpful.
Thank you.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Do you carry the MBP in a backpack?

When "cleaning" the screen, how much pressure do you use?

s00perd00per

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2022
This is a known issue with the screen. The AR coating seems to get marks pretty easily especially with any pressure due to the little clearance between the keyboard and screen. I put a screen protector on mine to avoid this issue. Others buy a microfiber liner or keep the sheet that came in the package to prevent it.

• Love
Reactions: JaraCz and rmadsen3

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
This is a known issue with the screen. The AR coating seems to get marks pretty easily especially with any pressure due to the little clearance between the keyboard and screen. I put a screen protector on mine to avoid this issue. Others buy a microfiber liner or keep the sheet that came in the package to prevent it.
Which screen protector?

s00perd00per

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2022
Which screen protector?
I got this one

I'd only recommend it if you're experienced with putting screen protectors as it doesn't have any alignment tools. If you read the reviews, it's mostly about how difficult it is to put on and having bubbles. I was able to put mine perfectly so it works great for me. It's the old style PET screen protector so it's pretty thin since I only wanted to avoid the keyboard marks. I didn't want to use the glass protectors since those are thicker and might affect the closing of the lid with the added thickness.

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
I got this one

I'd only recommend it if you're experienced with putting screen protectors as it doesn't have any alignment tools. If you read the reviews, it's mostly about how difficult it is to put on and having bubbles. I was able to put mine perfectly so it works great for me. It's the old style PET screen protector so it's pretty thin since I only wanted to avoid the keyboard marks. I didn't want to use the glass protectors since those are thicker and might affect the closing of the lid with the added thickness.
This one's good. No bubbles. Very reflective, though! Hardest part is aligning it just right. 'Hinge' method helps!

https://www.amazon.com/Tempered-Protector-Designed-Released-Hardness/dp/B09NP4TQW1

Reactions: s00perd00per

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I always carry my laptop with a microfibre cloth in between screen and keyboard. Handy to have for cleaning and a good protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.