Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
I've had iStat menus for a while, at least since my first M1 from 2020 (mini) and now I'm on a M2 Pro (yada yada, bells and whistles) mini and things are really running smoothly editing movies, music n all that stuff.

But!

iStat menus refuse to show any info regarding my external SSD connected via TB/USB-C.

It sure shows the disc but with 0 KB available space (take a glance on the attached image and you'll see what I mean).
Being a 8 TB SSD containing approx. 1 TB of files/folders I assume this issue might be some kind of bug or likewise?

It's a "ordinary" Samsung 8xx-something SSD and nothing special.

I can access, read, write, delete files/folders just fine, but just asking if this might be a known issue or if I've missed something.

(I have installed iStat menus helper tools, but same same)

It's the disc "File" that is my external one, the internal SSD shows just fine all over the application.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 13.12.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 13.12.57.png
    546.2 KB · Views: 152

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Might be a permissions issue.

Check in the System Preferences whether iStat Menu has the permission to access all your drives.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden

Check in the System Preferences whether iStat Menu has the permission to access all your drives.

Good point, didn’t think of that.
Interrupted my late lunch just to go and check those settings.

iStat menus wasn’t even in the list of disc access so I added it manually and restarted the computer.

Unfortunately there wasn’t any difference.
Double checked and it have full disc access (after the reboot)
But the issue persists

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden

Installed DriveDX and that prompted me to install some driver for my SSD, enable third party kernel add ons and after a reboot everything seems alright.
I'm back on track, in every way 🥰

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 15.01.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 15.01.41.png
    858.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: Janichsan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.