Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpookyTitan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2016
i mean i have old ipad mini and i want to jailbreak soo bad, it there a someway to jailbreak it

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Turns out someone who wasn't associated with the jailbreak posted that to twitter but it's not true. There isn't any plans to make this particular jailbreak work on 32 bit devices (I read somewhere that some of the exploits that were used are only present on the 64 bit devices).

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Turns out someone who wasn't associated with the jailbreak posted that to twitter but it's not true. There isn't any plans to make this particular jailbreak work on 32 bit devices (I read somewhere that some of the exploits that were used are only present on the 64 bit devices).
Thought so haha. It would require a lot of work to port the exploits over to 32-bit!

SpookyTitan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2016
Thought so haha. It would require a lot of work to port the exploits over to 32-bit!
i guess not because they made a jailbreak for ios 9.2~9.3.3 for 64-bit devices, so it simple to make another jailbreak for 32-bit devices they just need change kernel exploit for 32-bit devices and encrypte it so there it is
[doublepost=1469916784][/doublepost]
as they did in 64-bit, they just need to change architecture than the jailbreak for 32-bit devices is ready

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
i guess not because they made a jailbreak for ios 9.2~9.3.3 for 64-bit devices, so it simple to make another jailbreak for 32-bit devices they just need change kernel exploit for 32-bit devices and encrypte it so there it is
[doublepost=1469916784][/doublepost]
as they did in 64-bit, they just need to change architecture than the jailbreak for 32-bit devices is ready
It really isn't that easy. The entire architecture is different, meaning that the same code in 32-bit can act in a completely different way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.