Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
When I use the Hue app to switch off about 50 lights, it takes about 1 second. When I use Home app or siri to switch them off, they turn off one by one and it takes more than 10 seconds for all lights to switch off. That's very annoying.

This wasn't the case a week ago.

Is that because of some changes in Homekit in IOS 17? What can be the reason for it? Is it because it has to poll information from each light before any actions? How does parallelism work? I upgraded the hue bridge to be matter compatible but I'm not sure that is the reason. Since I did the IOS updates and the hue update same day, I can't tell what caused this.

Reactions: mikep6020

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I get this when any one of my HomePods becomes the active Home Hub. If it’s an AppleTV as the active hub (all of mine are hardwired via ethernet), then my Hue lights turn on/off almost instantly.

Reactions: b17777

MikeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
I have the AppleTV 4k as the hub and tvOS 17.1 installed today. Still same problem.

Neil Harrison

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
This changed when I had to reset my hue bridge and when I set up again it went to matter. My lights worked really well before then. None of my switches work properly. For example the button press is to run a scene, thats set lights to green. Run scene from home app it works but slow. Use the tap switch one is yellow and the other is green. The problem seems to be a hue problem for me, but I am not technical enough

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.