Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2017
Does it completely replace the TV? No.

But is it cool to sit with my little nephew and watch a 3D dinosaur movie where the dinosaur jumps into our living room? F yes.

Is it cool to watch Lakers games courtside with my brother? Absolutely.

Is it cool to watch travel documentaries with my parents, who are a bit too old to travel around the world, and have our living room completely changed into another location? Sign me up.

And the fact if there is a human nearby, it will reveal the human which solves the problem that you're isolated with goggles on. I can still easily interact and talk to my nephew while the dinosaur movie is still playing. When the dinosaur jumps into our living room, I would still be able to see the shock on my little nephew's face.

See this segment, which demonstrate the feature where if a human is close to you, you will still see the human even if you're fully immersed:

I'm excited about this. I think the only issue is price, but that's solvable through scale and new inventions overtime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.