Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
Attached is a screen I got from iToner shortly after updating iTunes to 7.4.2 after reading that iToner still worked. I did the usual, synced the iPhone, all the ringtones went away since 7.4.2 nulled out what we could easily do in 7.4 and then synced up iToner and started adding ringtones.

The ringtones that I had on the iPhone before the sync with iTunes still showed up on iToner, however, were not on my iPhone. The ringtones were grayed out and when you roll over the tone, it tells you that iTunes is managing the ringtone. Thinking it was the ringtones folder in iTunes, I went and deleted all ringtones in my iTunes folder.....nothing....

After all this, I went ahead and synced up iToner with all my ringtones I had dragged, after it was done copying the files, it then said deleting old files, the bar began to move then this screen popped up and started flying across the screen multiple times before stopping and staying with this screen:
IMG_0051-2.jpg

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Are you aware that you can take screenshots?

SHIFT+:apple:+3 = Fullscreen
SHIFT+:apple:+4 = A crosshair will show up as your cursor, select an area of the screen to capture.
SHIFT+:apple:+4 then spacebar = A camera shows up as your cursor, select a window to capture.

They all get saved as a PNG on your desktop.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
i am very aware you can, however, the iphone was the first thing that dawned on me....nevertheless i asked if anyone else got this screen and how to get rid of it. You didnt answer anything for me

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
i am very aware you can, however, the iphone was the first thing that dawned on me....nevertheless i asked if anyone else got this screen and how to get rid of it. You didnt answer anything for me

So pulling out your iPhone, taking a picture, syncing your iPhone with iPhoto, opening it in Photoshop to blur the text, resize the image, and then uploading it to Photobucket was a long easier than pressing 3 buttons, selecting that area, and uploading it to Photobucket to get a much higher quality shot of the error message?

I just don't understand people some times ...

Anyway, version 1.0.1 of iToner has been confirmed to work with iTunes 7.4.2. Perhaps you need to update. Why not contact Ambrosia tech support? It's their software ...

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
So wasting 2 comments without answering any questions and being condescending and treating me like an idiot was easier than just posting a simple answer to the thread....

man i really dont understand people sometimes.....

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006

moki

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2001
Download iToner 1.0.2:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/

Quit iTunes. Launch iToner 1.0.2, drag a ringtone over, and click on Sync in iToner.

Let me know if this does not fix the issue. If you need further assistance, the contact information that The General posted in the previous post lists a number of good ways to get in touch with us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.