Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azianwolfpunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
illinois
I have had my 3rd gen itouch for a couple years and i had jailbroke it it right away with blackra1n, for like a year and a half i haven't had a single problem with it, i've downloaded a lot of ~200 apps, saved ~5000 pictured and 100's of videos... i really do not want to put it back into factory settings, but when it usually goes into restore mode, i use to just rejailbreak it and it was fine, but today it randomly decided to just blackout and go into retore mode and won't stay in it... the picture pops up for about 15 seconds but then restarts, i've tried the dfu thing, nothing changed, i have tried to rejb it but it just goes back to the same thing, i have tried running out the battery and recharging it to see if that would do anything, i have held down every button on it atleast a million times in many different combinations and seconds, i have read like 20 forums but nothing is helping, i really got fed up hearing the same exact things and knowing its not helping me... before i decide to completely restore and become the asian hulk, i want to figure out how to get it to turn on.

so in simple:
it shows apple logo
shows the plug into itunes picture for 15seconds
goes black
and then if i touch a button it repeats
holding the power and home button only repeats this again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.