Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
it apparently still installs a hundred little mini-songs, so what's the point.

I'd pay double if the iTrip had a slide out knob that let me choose the frequency. Having to stop what you're listening to to go play those mini-songs, and do that pause/play thing and watch for a strange sequence of flashing lights is really a huge pain.

xtbfx

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
And it's an even bigger pain since mine doesn't work all the time.
I sure hope this fixes it.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
probably because I live in a ****hole town, I don't have the problem the others seem to have. Like the Ronco® Food Dehydrator, I've been able to "set it and forget it" with my iTrip. I've found a station that works well with little interference, and haven't had to change it in quite a long time. I agree the process is a bit involved, but it keeps the outside of the iTrip clean and clutter-free, which is the overall purpose of the thing - to reduce clutter. There are other options to use - Belkin offers one, but for some reason they have a short cord hanging out of theirs which, to me at least, defeats the purpose. AFAICT this update just adds 87.7 to the pickable stations, but I'm sure there's a bug fix in there somewhere. Griffin even goes so far as to say that if your iTrip is working fine, there is no need for the update.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
FYI, you can find the stations that are useful the places you go, and NOT load the rest into your iTunes library or your iPod. No need for extra stations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.