Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woofighter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2016
Hi there.

I’m kind of new to iTunes.

I have FLAC music files that can't be played on iPod. To play songs, I may have to convert it,

but I’m worried if it will change or damage my original files.

Like will it, downgrade my file of original audio quality? Or will it make a copy of converted original file.

Some of FLAC can be played in my iTunes, but some of higher quality cannot be played. Like it possible to play 3000kbps,

but it was not possible to play about 5100kbps (I used groove music on 5100kbps files and it worked)

Edit: BY THE WAY......
Cant you tell me a good convert that can make copy of original file and convert to mp3, aac, wav or etc. ALSO is there a setting where I can permanently delete my music from ITunes or just delete music from library without effecting my music file in program????

Thank you for you time :)

I really would appreciate if you could answer my question.

Last edited:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
iTunes can't read FLAC directly; you must have a third-party component installed, and converting to ALAC by using iTunes will probably fail on the files that won't play.

Try using Max; I've used it a few times and haven't run into any conversion problems. Since you're going from one lossless format to another, there won't be any audio quality loss (but it won't delete the originals anyway).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.