Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I can't restore my iphone 4 or my ipad mini r to 7.0.4 or 7.1 and both have udid registered, I keep getting itunes error like error 17, 2005, 3007

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I keep getting error 17, all started after I bought this 1st gen ipod with ios 1.1.5 and tried to restore to 1.1 and than 3.1.3

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
This isn't helping the question but why do you have to restore them before you leave? If you are about to leave out can it wait until you return? Sounds like you are in a bit of a panic over it so perhaps waiting until its not quite as urgent to resolve may be better. I cant recall if installing an older version monkeys with your database or not. I seem to remember it does so it could wipe playlists etc. Again not 100% sure on that but something to think about. Otherwise maybe backup the iTunes folder somewhere and completely remove iTunes and all leftover folders etc. Reboot and install again clean. Of course copy your current library files back to the iTunes folder before starting it up. Luck to you!

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I keep getting error 17, all started after I bought this 1st gen ipod with ios 1.1.5 and tried to restore to 1.1 and than 3.1.3

hmmm just saw this. Maybe you can move the ipod firmware files to another folder so they are basically not in the update folder. You didn't say Windows or Mac etc but for example on Windows 8 the folder is C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes There you will see the various folders for iPhone iPod etc.

Again copy these don't delete. Just put them elsewhere so u can put them back if ned be.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
hmmm just saw this. Maybe you can move the ipod firmware files to another folder so they are basically not in the update folder. You didn't say Windows or Mac etc but for example on Windows 8 the folder is C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes There you will see the various folders for iPhone iPod etc.

Again copy these don't delete. Just put them elsewhere so u can put them back if ned be.

The hell, I removed the hole "Apple computer" folder, I think this might work

----------

I think I am going to reinstall the whore windows.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
You're gonna completely reinstall Windows because iTunes isn't working properly? Seems like you're making this into more than it should be.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
You're gonna completely reinstall Windows because iTunes isn't working properly? Seems like you're making this into more than it should be.

It would take me hours to find the problem and fix it plus I have windows 8.1 and I can wipe all the data without uninstalling it.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Ok, thank you everybody for your support, I finally got to restore my ipad, I had to reinstall my windows but meh...

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I can't restore my iphone 4 or my ipad mini r to 7.0.4 or 7.1 and both have udid registered, I keep getting itunes error like error 17, 2005, 3007

I'm a tad confused. You are saying iTunes but you mention having your UDID registered when would be an iOS issue (which actually makes more sense because you are in the iOS 7 forum).

If I had to make a guess, you are using beta software and that could be the issue. public releases of iTunes often have issues with beta iOS cause the support isn't in there. I would find the beta software and remove it from your mobile software folder, try restoring to the public iOS 7 (i.e. 7.0.4) and then if that works update to the beta. see if that works.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I'm a tad confused. You are saying iTunes but you mention having your UDID registered when would be an iOS issue (which actually makes more sense because you are in the iOS 7 forum).

If I had to make a guess, you are using beta software and that could be the issue. public releases of iTunes often have issues with beta iOS cause the support isn't in there. I would find the beta software and remove it from your mobile software folder, try restoring to the public iOS 7 (i.e. 7.0.4) and then if that works update to the beta. see if that works.

There is no problem with the beta and I tried to restore to 7.0.4 and than update to 7.1 and not to lose the backup but I ended up reinstalling the windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.