Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ediskrad73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Since updating to 12.7, I'm finding that the "Convert higher bit rate to 256 kbps AAC" is broken. With that enabled, anytime I add music to my iPod or iPhone it'll add a song or two, stall, cancel the sync, restart, and then loop until I cancel the sync myself. And the songs that are "successfully" transferred over show the ! icon when I select them.

Disabling the "Convert" feature transfers the music fine, as does converting them manually with File > Convert > Convert to AAC, so it seems to only be buggy when I have that setting ticked on my devices. This happens on both my iPod Touch and iPhone 6s, neither of which had an issue with 12.6.2 so I'm confident this is a new bug in 12.7.

I spent 25 minutes on the phone with Apple Support yesterday and was basically told to wait it out and hope they fix the bug. This is not ideal, as it practically breaks the main functionality of my iDevices.

Can anybody replicate this? Or is having the same issue? I'm desperate to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Link of behavior:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5crtx2ydv4t3ez/iTunes Sync Bug.mov

tinthongminh

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Since updating to 12.7, I'm finding that the "Convert higher bit rate to 256 kbps AAC" is broken. With that enabled, anytime I add music to my iPod or iPhone it'll add a song or two, stall, cancel the sync, restart, and then loop until I cancel the sync myself. And the songs that are "successfully" transferred over show the ! icon when I select them.

Disabling the "Convert" feature transfers the music fine, as does converting them manually with File > Convert > Convert to AAC, so it seems to only be buggy when I have that setting ticked on my devices. This happens on both my iPod Touch and iPhone 6s, neither of which had an issue with 12.6.2 so I'm confident this is a new bug in 12.7.

I spent 25 minutes on the phone with Apple Support yesterday and was basically told to wait it out and hope they fix the bug. This is not ideal, as it practically breaks the main functionality of my iDevices.

Can anybody replicate this? Or is having the same issue? I'm desperate to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Link of behavior:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5crtx2ydv4t3ez/iTunes Sync Bug.mov

I ran into exactly the same issue with iTunes 12.7 and iOS 11. Thanks a lot for your experience share, hope Apple will do something with this, so annoying...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.