Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jay2784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I just upgraded to iTunes 4.2 using the installer that I downloaded from Apple.com. Everthing installed fine, but now the interface is all screwed up. The brushed metal doesnt display, the close/minimize/maximize buttons are surrounded by black, the sliders are surrounded by black. Everything works fine, but the interface is hideous. Does anyone else have this problem???

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It looks fine.

Have you been customising your system appearance before downloading iTunes v4.2?

jay2784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I had shapeshifter enabled, but no theme was selected. I shut it off, but it had no effect.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
mine is ok, i can't think of anything that could be wrong with it other than having shapeshifter turned on... those haxies are no good for updates...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by snickelfritz
Shapeshifter probably has nothing whatsoever to do with this problem.
LOL

Then, you know what's causing the problem since you're saying it so definitively.

What's the problem? :rolleyes: I'm sure he could use some help.

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
It just struck me funny that he came right out with the answer to his own question.
"Everthing installed fine, but now the interface is all screwed up."
"I had shapeshifter enabled, but no theme was selected. I shut it off, but it had no effect."
Shapeshifter is obviously responsible for the GUI problem.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
Originally posted by bousozoku
Then, you know what's causing the problem since you're saying it so definitively.

What's the problem? :rolleyes: I'm sure he could use some help.

sounds like sarcasm is a concept lost on some.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.