Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikhanator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
For some reason System Services > iTunes Accounts uses 150-350mb randomly for some reason. I only have 1gb (1012mb) and iTunes Accounts already has used 690mb within the past few days. Every other app within Cellular only use an average of 22mb or less since 17/03 (18 apps).

Specs:
iPhone 5 16gb (3gb used by defualt stock apps) [MD298X/A]
23 Applications
iOS 7.1.1

I don't have iBooks, hardly use Game Centre
No automatic downloads are on
Most of my apps display a "No Cellular" pop-up (Currently 12apps with cellular on)
Turning Cellular off and airplane mode on stops all usage among System Services and my own apps but I can't do that if I need to access emails etc.
Signing out of iCloud sadly doesn't solve the issue.

I have yet to try "Reset & erase content from device settings"
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1794719/ « also an unanswered thread within iOS 8 with a similar issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Do you have any subscription apps? Such as newspapers? These will automatically download whether you have the "updates" option on or not.

Mikhanator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
Do you have any subscription apps? Such as newspapers? These will automatically download whether you have the "updates" option on or not.

Hey Brian, appreciate the reply. The closest to a subscription app would be Podcast, I'll take a look into it. Otherwise, no other application is associated with it. I'll update soon, hopefully.

Edit: According to Usage, Podcast only is 141mb large as opposed to the 690mb data with iTunes Accounts? Also it isn't active within Cellular.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.