Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZeroKoolNess1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2002
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow i will get my new labtop (a tibook 667)
and i was wondering, that with itunes can i upload my cd collection via my mp3 player. I have already ripped about 60 cds to my nomad jukebox, and i know that this mp3 player is supported by itunes, but can i upload these songs to my computers harddrive??? or do i have to rip all my cds again????

thanks for any help

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
try this...

Get a cross ethernet cable so you can hook it up from computer to computer at 100/B-T connection speed. Those cost like nothing, so just buy one at bestbuy or something.

Then Pull up your computers HD, and pull all the music off of it. It will be WAY faster than using USB.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
I believe that you can, but I'm more familiar with iPod.

You can't get songs from your iPod's playlist on to someone elses HD - but there's ways around that...

You can either save the MP3's as you would any other file (treating iPod like a 5GB drive) or you can download a program called "Good Guy Ware."

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Yep...

Those things work perfect (cross cables). I copied like 2GB of files to my computer from my brothers laptop in about 10 minutes. It was really cool, and really easy.

MacLuver23

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2001
My Two Cents....

You might be able to use FireWire to put the music to a disk or another drive, but I don't know, I don't have an MP3 player like that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.