Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oscarjs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2019
Hi,
My new iPhone 7 plus arrived from Carphone Warehouse today. I currently have an iPhone SE. Both are 128gb.

I backed up my SE to iTunes, which it registered as being completed, on my c2012 MacBook Pro.
All devices have the latest software available.

When attempting to transfer existing data, apps etc to the 7+, the sync and restoration process completes but only shows data, apps, photo's etc up until mid-2016.

I specifically purchased an 128gb phone as I do not want to use iCloud.

I've spoken to Apple's tech support who simply advised trying again (I've done it four times now) or using iCloud.

Please can someone help - without saying 'just use iCloud'; I shouldn't have to go down that route, surely?

Reactions: JNReal

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Make sure all of your apps are updated on your iPhone SE. Delete your previous SE back up under iTunes properties. Backup the SE to iTunes. Once it is complete, try to restore from that SE backup to your new iPhone 7 Plus.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Not being insulting here but also make sure you’re using the most recent back-up.
It can be a little confusing, I find.

oscarjs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2019
I've been selecting the most recent backup every time - I've just tried updating every app and deleting all previous backups. Trying again now...fingers crossed. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll let you know if they don't work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.