Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bart_Gunn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Hi
Since upgrading to OS Sierra, iTunes constantly crashes. I cannot restart my Mac-mini (2012) without physically holding the power key to get it to shut down as iTunes prevents it from shutting down even after using 'force quit'. I have reinstalled iTunes & reinstalled Sierra, but the issue still reoccurs. I've been trying to fix this for weeks now with no improved results.
After I manually reboot, I am able to open and use iTunes, but if I leave the application open and idle, it crashes 'app not responding' and I am back into the above cycle.
Please help!
Thank you
Kristian Gunn
PS - Tried restoring to factory settings method also!

Last edited:

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I would verify it's not the hard drive. Run Disk Utility First Aid. It'll either verify it's ok or fix most issues if there are any. My system kept crashing too until I realized it was my HD.

chrisfr

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2018
Hi
Since upgrading to OS Sierra, iTunes constantly crashes. I cannot restart my Mac-mini (2012) without physically holding the power key to get it to shut down as iTunes prevents it from shutting down even after using 'force quit'. I have reinstalled iTunes & reinstalled Sierra, but the issue still reoccurs. I've been trying to fix this for weeks now with no improved results.
After I manually reboot, I am able to open and use iTunes, but if I leave the application open and idle, it crashes 'app not responding' and I am back into the above cycle.
Please help!
Thank you
Kristian Gunn
PS - Tried restoring to factory settings method also!
[doublepost=1524550861][/doublepost]Hi there just saw this old post and i ma having the same issues with a mac mini 2012 how did you end up fixing it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.